My name is Edgar Lozano. I am a software engineer, website accessibility advocate, language enthusiast, casual music producer, and casual podcaster. I have many other interests. My resume can be found below if you are looking to hire a software engineer or accessibility engineer.Download my resume here
Texas State University (Fall 2014 – December 2018) San Marcos, TX
- B.S. in Computer Science and Concentration in Computer Engineering with Minor in Applied Mathematics, December 2018.
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Embedded Computer Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Software Engineering
- Calculus III
- Computer Networks
- Compiler Construction
- Discrete Mathematics.
Full Stack Software Engineer – Pearson (June 2014 – January 2019)
- Lead the effort in implementing an accessibility solution for compliance by introducing and incorporating accessibility-related development techniques.
- Improved deployment process for manually testing the Equation Editor by spinning up Linux servers and automating the build process using Maven.
- Developed an in-depth feedback form for collecting input from users by creating a complex web form connected to SQL database.
Software Accessibility Engineer – Visa Inc (February 2019 – Present)
- Assisted in improving accessibility of products according to WCAG, Section 508, and ADA to comply with the law by contributing code to the front end.
- Conducted and delivered audits to scrum masters and stakeholders through manual testing and custom automated accessibility testing tools.
- Collaborated with a colleague to develop an internal accessibility tool to help detect patterns found in team projects by using good software engineering practices.
- Successfully worked to address Jira issues on the front end to improve accessibility of custom components by making use of accessibility best practices.
- Refined many components’ code to render with spoken feedback for screen reader users by employing accessible HTML and injecting WAI-ARIA tags.
Projects and Online Presence
- RealRandomRadio (2011 – 2015). Website project which provided live streams and assistive technology podcasts. The live streams ran on Icecast and LAMP was used as its tech stack. Technologies include PHP, MySQL, Icecast, Linux, HTML, CSS.
- AudioGame in Python (2019). An audiogame written in Python was also started to encourage collaboration by other members of the AudioGaming community. There is no aim for the game at the moment. However, some beginner utilities and good practices related to map creation, menu systems, and other facilities have been created. This is an open source project hosted on Github. Main technology used is Python, Pygame, OpenAL and screen reader libraries.
More projects can be found on the projects section of my website.
- Github: https://github.com/EdgarLozano185519
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edgar-lozano-22212794/
- Responsive Web Design Certification (freecodecamp.org/edgarlozano)
- NVDA Expert 2019 Certification (certification.nvaccess.org)
Profficient Programming Languages
- Ruby on Rails
Familiar Programming Languages
Screen reading technologies
- VoiceOver (Mac and iOS)
- WCAG 2.0